Friday, September 19, 2008

Surgery started

We got paged and got to see Karin again, after her epidural was in, she was a little doped up, but she was proud of herself for having 'do it' -- she had to be awake for the epidural being inserted, which she was scared about. The epidural will completely numb the surgery area so she's not in pain during or after surgery.

We were told the doctor had arrived, and she was being wheeled into the surgery room as we headed back to the waiting room.

I've been fasting with Karin since midnight, but both the nurse and Karin asked me to eat while she is in surgery, because I'll not want to leave her afterwards, and I'll need to be in good shape to be supportive for her afterwards. So her dad and I are heading to the cafeteria.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I am so impressed that you fasted with her until time for surgery! What a loving thing to do!!!
To others: Karin was afraid that she would forget that she cannot eat when she awakened today, so, last night, Steve wrote on several Post-Its, "K NO Eat" and placed them at strategic places from the bedroom to kitchen. I took a photo of one so that it might be blogged. LOL

Noelle said...

Steve, thank you so much for sharing all of this with us! Praying for you both right now . . .

Noelle said...

Oh my gosh, the "K NO Eat" notes are just as sweet as can be. What a wonderful husband Steve is!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates!

Praying even now in LA!

Nicki

Beth said...

We are praying for you and your family.

Beth B (another AWAA mommy)

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you very hard out here in California. You have been just a rock for Karin throughout this, and it is so wonderful that she has you for support to give her inner strength. Please tell Karin our thoughts and prayers are with your family everyday!!!
Love
Kelley and Steve

Amanda said...

Steve,
Thanks for taking time once again to update. I'm praying for Karin as she is in surgery and your family as you support Karin during this time.
Amanda McQueen

Pamela said...

Thanks for updating us!!! Praying in Wilmington NC:)

The North Gang,
JPAZ and J :):):):);):o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating us, Steve! Stay strong & god bless you.