Well, I did it. I survived my triple MRI. It lasted for 2.5 hours. Yes, you read that right. 2.5 hours. And yes, I did hit the panic button a couple times. I have so much more to say on this subject, but I just can't do it right now from an exhaustion and emotional standpoint. Steve was with me for the whole thing, but I wasn't even able to talk about it in the car on the way home for the first 45 minutes. Then I wasn't able to tell my mom much of anything for awhile either after getting home. I took a bath, took my pain pills, and have been working on relaxing and getting out of pain. I'm finally pain-free, and I think I need to go to bed. Steve has already fallen asleep on the couch. So I will write more tomorrow. There were some blessings along the way - including the fact that I actually accomplished the task!! Praise God!!! But overall, it was quite a nightmare. And literally, I am afraid that I may have nightmares tonight. Oh boy.
Tomorrow will bring another radiation appointment, along with an appointment with the radiation oncologist to discuss the MRI's. I'm also to do some "surgery prep" things at home. And my dad arrives in the afternoon! Then some wonderful church friends plan to pray over me in the evening again....and Friday is surgery day. But certainly, surgery itself must be better than this experience tonight!! So onward and upward.... I'll write more tomorrow. :)
Thanks sooooo much for the prayers!!!!!!
Unfortunately, I had to miss the first night of my new small group tonight. Ironically, I thought we'd be getting home shortly after they started - so by the time they'd think to pray for the MRI specifically, it would be over. Little did any of us know that I was probably in that machine throughout their entire meeting tonight!! Boy, oh, boy. Anyway, thank you all soooo much for the prayers!!!!! I look forward to some relaxing tomorrow -- I hope! And getting some last-minute things done.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your great strength amazes me, Karin! I am SO glad that those horrible MRI's are over for you!!!
ugh - like she said... at least it's over. You are so strong!!!
KT
I was thinking about this overnight, and the fact that it was a miserable experience says a LOT (and it's not good) about the facility's competence. I am upset on your behalf that they did not take your needs seriously when it came to sedation. God bless you Karin.
We're so thankful your LONG MRI experience is behind you. Our prayers continue for successful surgery, guidance by the Lord of the surgeons and especially peace for you and Steve and Kevin and your parents.
Your verse is very special to us as well and we were so happy you chose it.
We love you very much and would be blessed to help you in any way that you can suggest.
God be with you all!!!
Love,
Dan and Jan
Post a Comment