Friday, September 19, 2008

Surgery Day

We're off to the hospital soon. I had a radiation appointment at 10am this morning. Steve let me sleep in, so I woke up at 9:15am! Wow! It was great to be able to sleep, but there was so much I wanted to be able to do last night and this morning -- but I was too sick last night. sigh. Oh well. Not much that can be done about it now. I was awake a couple times in the night, and Steve gave me my pain medications when needed. So it was a great thing that I was then out of pain enough to sleep in that late!! Hooray!! :)

We need to leave in about 45 minutes, so I'm just taking some final moments on my computer. My parents took the boys for a walk, because I really need some peace.

I had been avoiding mentioning my location on the blog, but I decided to go ahead and say where I'm going to be. I'm going to be at WakeMed Cary. I'm sure that once I'm feeling well enough, I'd love to have visitors. So please watch for Steve to post when I'm ready for that. :)

We're to be at the hospital at noon. My surgery is scheduled for 2pm. Of course, I would sooo appreciate all your prayers at that time and throughout the afternoon!!! They said it will probably last about 3 hours. Then I'll be in recovery, and Steve won't be able to visit me there. After 1-2 hours, I will hopefully be taken to my private room, where Steve can even spend the night with me. But it's also possible that I could be taken to intensive care. Steve can visit me there, but obviously, he can't stay.

I'm feeling anxious today and quite edgy, to say the least. But I'm trying to keep in mind that this is just yet another procedure this afternoon, like the many procedures I've been going through for the past 2 weeks. But I am scared. Thank you soooo much for all your love and prayers!!!!!!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

God bless you, Karin. I will be praying. Can't wait to visit you! Love you!

skgberry said...

Prayers for comfort and peace, and the Lords's guiding hands for the medical team.

CathiW said...

Karin, we are praying over the surgeon's hands and mind, over all the nurses, and you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Karin, I finally, at 3pm, got a chance to read what you wrote this morning. This is such a bittersweet day: I am worried, of course; I feel for your fears; yet I am relieved that surgery day is finally here! The boys ate a good lunch, I read books to Kevin and gave him a little latitude so that he finally did go to sleep and I dozed too until Meghan B came bearing surprises for the boys (goldfish & videos + the hospital books she borrowed). And she wants to be on your list of doing ANYTHING for you. Love and prayers, Mom :*