I had my 2nd radiation treatment for the tumors in my pelvic area / hip this afternoon. They started with that. Then they moved me into the other room to do the "set-up" procedures for the treatment on my left shoulder. It hurts so badly that I can barely move it to the precise locations required. I have to use my right arm to lift my left arm. Crazy! Praise God that this is going to get fixed!!! So they did all the scans and pictures...they drew on my shoulder...and then they were ready for the tattoos. So I had them bring in Steve again. :) It's always so nice to see my husband's sweet face enter the room after I've been lying there on a machine. :) So he held my hand while she gave me 3 more permanent dots. It hurt even less today. No big deal at all! Hooray! Although it did sting more later. And then she was spending some time dabbing it and made the mistake of mentioning the B word!! UGH!! ;) Anyway...after they did some analyzing...I was back in the treatment room for my first radiation treatment on my shoulder. They're radiating it from the top and the bottom. It's pretty quick and easy, but it does make me nervous to have to lie there so still as the technicians all leave the room and I get radiated. But then I was done! :) Back for more tomorrow...
The technicians and doctors there are all so great. When the one woman was leading me out, she started to give me a paper and tell me something...and suddenly, she realized she needed to stop. She told me to give her back the paper and that she's going to make the doctor tell me himself tomorrow, because she doesn't want to be the bad guy, since I've already told her she's so great! ha! ;) But I did hear the general news.... which is that I have to start having a weekly blood test. You've got to be kidding.... sigh.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're doing GREAT! Such a brave cookie! And now you've got lots of tattoos of "the whole world from afar." ; ) AND all that suspense leading up to . . . a blood test. Whew! ; ) Sure glad it wasn't a weekly IV, or worse!
It is nice for us that you describe the treatments so vividly so that as we think of you each day, we can picture what you are doing. So as you're lying there (don't sneeze!), think of lots of friends who are right there with you and watching over you.
Post a Comment