Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You're Not Gonna Believe This....

My baby boy Kevin (age 4) BROKE HIS ARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, he fractured his arm, and Mommy is in the hospital. This is soooo not good. :( He is doing ok though. And it actually happened last week. I think it was the morning that we were heading for the hospital - last Friday! I was concerned about it and might have looked into it then, but I had other things on my mind. And everyone else thought it was ok and we should wait and see. I'm extra paranoid about things, but I was also extra preoccupied. (Maybe it happened Thursday night? But I think it was actually the morning of surgery? Not sure now.)

I will write more later, but for now, here's a summary written up by my mom...

"Kevin had a stupid little fall last week. His Dad and I were there immediately after he fell. Neither of us felt it was anything significant. However, he complained of a sore arm for the next few days. We assumed a pulled muscle or something. But it continued through the weekend, and Mon. morning, his OT asked what was wrong. So I decided it was time to see the dr. The nurse practitioner thought that there was no way it was broken as he had full movement, but, because the OT was concerned, she wanted to have it X-rayed. It was Tues. before that happened, and Wed. before we had the results. He has a fractured humerus, so we have to see a pediatric orthopedist tomorrow. "

Poor Kevin!!!!! My poor Mom!!!!!!! :( :( :(

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Kevin...I am sure he will think his cast will be so cool! WIll be praying for im.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor little boy...how brave of him to be in pain an continue to do things....I'm sorry that it happenend and i hope that he gets better soon...

Anonymous said...

It happened last Wed. night. I know because we asked his Preschool teachers to watch him on Thurs. They didn't notice any problem. The only time there was a problem was changing clothes and at the OT on Mon.

MLE said...

Amazing!!! Our little nephew broke his arm (radius and ulna) when he was 12 months old from a little fall down 1 step. His mother had no idea that it had happened! And who would expect it from such an insignificant fall??? It should heal fast so this can become part of the family lore. But in the meantime, so sorry!
MLE

Amanda said...

Oh my! I'll add healing for Kevin to my prayers. Glad to know he hasn't experienced too much pain with it.
Amanda

Noelle said...

Oh, . . . poor little Kevin! : (

CM and JM said...

Goodness, when it rains in pours!! Will be praying for Kevin, your Mom and protection all-around! Hope your finding more and more strength today! Did you have radiation today too?

Anonymous said...

Wow. Guess God really wants to make sure you know He is in control and can handle you and your family just fine. Nothing is too difficult for Him, even a mother's torn emotions when she can't be there for her child.:) Praying for a good homecoming, though I am sure it will be exhausting getting there. We missed Kien today--guess he'll have to make his welcome home mommy picture next week!
Cindy A

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Kevin's arm.
Karin, its great to see your big smiles during your trip in the ambulance. It looks like you may be more rested to have such a great smile. I hope Steve is getting some rest/sleep too. Prayers. Allen

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about little Kevin. Praying that you will both heal up quickly. You look amazing in the pics! Steve, Karin and your family are so blessed to have a man of your strength and compassion! God bless you all.

Penny Medlock & family

Anonymous said...

oh, no. Poor Kevin. I hope it heals quickly.

Anonymous said...

Karin, Steve, Kevin,
It's Friday afternoon here in England and I am wondering how your Thursday went? Is Kevin in a cast and is Karin home? Praying for you all.
Jim and Patty Love