An ambulance came to get me to take me to my radiation appointment this afternoon! :) While we waited for them to arrive, Steve and I took a short stroll in the hallway. WOW! My first time really walking -- and my first time leaving the room!!! :) We went very slow. I held onto Steve and wished I could hold onto the wall as well, but I can't use that arm. Bummer.Then they put me on a stretcher! I was nervous about this, because I felt out of control, felt too high, and felt claustrophobic. But the team who helped me was awesome. :) They made sure I didn't feel claustrophobic and they lowered me closer to the ground. It felt very weird though, going down the hallways of the hospital -- seeing outside my room! And then even riding down in an elevator. I didn't like that too much. ;) Then it was warm on the ambulance, which I didn't like. But it started to cool down, and they let Steve sit in the back. The drive was very short as well.
The ride back was actually kinda fun! ;)
Then we posed for a picture together back at my room. :) We only had our cell phone camera though.Getting set up for radiation was a little more painful than usual. But the ride outside in the fresh air was WONDERFUL!!!!! :) :)
1 comment:
Who would have ever thought that a ride in an ambulance could be so cool!!! : )
Post a Comment