Monday, September 22, 2008

Post from Karin !

Hi everyone - this is Karin! I'm on my computer for the first time. But honestly, I enjoyed it a lot more when Steve was just reading messages to me instead. ;) He's been taking such good care of me!!!! I'm not really enjoying this sitting up stuff too much thus far, although I did make progress this morning. This is my 2nd time out of bed now, and I've been in this chair for about 3 hours. But getting here was quite an ordeal. It was painful and then when I got here, I kept feeling like I was blacking out and the nurse gave me oxygen again. Hopefully I'll be able to get past all of this very soon. I don't think I'm going to be able to write much cuz I can't get very comfortable to do this right now.

My liquid lunch will probably be arriving shortly. The doctor hasn't come yet today, and I'm nervous about what his plans for me might be. I'm not eager to get rid of this epidural.

I have soooo appreciated all your wonderful messages!!!!!! I haven't been able to check email, but Steve has been reading me all the posts on the blog - and I've loved it!!!!! :) :) Thank you all sooooo much!!!!!! I even got a delivery today of printed out messages from the hospital's web site. Thanks for those too!!! That was fun to receive. :) And thanks for all the other special things that have arrived at my door!! Plus my family has delivered a ton of cards from home, so I have quite an arrangement of things on a counter across from my bed -- including pictures of my darling boys and 3 drawings taped on the wall that Kevin did for me this weekend. :) On one of them, he wrote "MOM" all by himself. And on another, he asked my mom to write this: "I love you and you love me! I'm sorry that you are sick and don't feel good."

Unfortunately, I ended up feeling pretty bad on Sat. night at the time the boys first came to visit. And Kevin was freaked out by all the tape on me. And I couldn't talk much, because I didn't have much energy. So fortunately, things went much better last night on their 2nd visit. It was great to be able to see and talk to my precious Kevin. :) And Kien's face just lit up with his mouth wide open, so-happy-to-see-Mommy smile!!!!! My dad stopped by this morning to say good-bye and to bring Steve a Starbucks before my mom took him to the airport. So my mom is now home alone with the kids, and it feels odd that Steve and I are hanging out here while my mom takes care of my kiddos. But they are definitely in great hands, and I'm soooo appreciative of all my mom is doing!!!!

Well, I think that's all for now. I want to lay back again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It feels odd at this end too -- to be home alone with the 2 darlings. But we had a busy morning or going to the airport, OT for Kevin, and shopping at Target. Now I need a nap while they are chattering in their beds...

Noelle said...

Hooray! Now I know you're feeling a bit better! : ) So glad the prayers are working!

theglenns556 said...

So glad to hear from you! Praying LOTS for you!

Anonymous said...

So glad that you're feeling well enough to blog again. What a blessing to have church family come over and do yard work. You are so blessed to have so many praying for and caring for you. God is good, all the time!
Cindy A

Unknown said...

Lots of love and prayers from your mum's friend Alison in Canada. I pray for you all when waking up and also when walking out to catch the bus to work, and at lunch and when waiting for the bus to go home, and then when settling for the night. May God's love and joy surround and infuse all that happens with you all.

Alison Sutherland

Mrs. Munchkin said...

Three cheers for Karin! You continue to amaze me. You are always on my mind and in my heart. Although you are the one to be experiencing this very difficult and painful time, I can't help but to try and put myself in your shoes. In a way, our paths have trucked along side of each other..first for our dear Russian princes and all the joys (ha!) that brought, our recent 2nd adoptions, our children are the same age and we are as well (give or take a few years-wink). Would I be as strong and courageous as Karin? Would I be as vulnerable and allow everyone in? You are on my heart around the clock. This could happen to anyone, but you aren't anyone... You are Karin. And from I know, this Karin is a fighter! She doesn't accept no as an answer, at least from Mother Russia. She make your intentions well known ahead of time. I would be stepping aside if I were this illness...with Karin coming at me and her trusty, sidekick Steve....I think I'd just raise my hands up and wave the white flag...Karin wins! You are an unbelievably strong woman-physically, mentally and faithfully. You can do this!!!

Unknown said...

Great hearing directly from you again! Ive enjoyed Steve keeping us up to date, but I have to tell you, Karin, you're far more eloquent. ;-)

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and I'm looking forward to visiting you when you're up to it.