Arrangements are being made to honor Karin and all those she has blessed with her life.
Viewing Thursday 6pm-9pm, Friday 12pm-2pm, Furneral Friday 2pm
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you so much for your prayers!! This blog is to keep friends and family updated after our shocking discovery on Sept. 5, 2008 that I have kidney cancer (at age 34). This news came just less than 3 months after we adopted our 2nd son from Vietnam. Thank you so much for praying for our family!! God is good!
21 comments:
Steve, and your children, along with Grant and Nina, our hearts break for you, although our spirits rejoice with yours that Karin has joined the great heavenly choir and is playing her harp in praise and worship to the Lamb. You can be sure our thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Howard and Linda Olver
Where is the viewing to be held?
The service this week is not one of mourning but rather of celebration. Our tears are replaced with joy at Karin's transformation from frailty to victorious wellness. I hope that God is prepared to have Karin reorganizing the divine intention.
Our hearts are broken at our loss but that is an issue with which we must deal personally. It is terrible to lose a daughter. However, if we must lose her, it is great to know that she has impacted so many people for good in her brief life.
I whispered in her ear and told her of my love and pride in her. I promised that she would not be alone and that she would not be in pain. And, thank God, it was so.
If you can join us, we will sing praise to our God and express our gratitude for His servant, Karin.
At this Christmas season, may the inspiration of Karin's life challenge each of us to renewed commitment to God and all that is good.
Grant Walsh (Karin and Greg's Dad)
Steve, Grant, and all of Karin's family,
Your faith in God and love for Karin have been awesome and truly inspiring even in the midst of such difficult circumstances.
I traveled to France with Karin at Furman in 1993 and was happy to have a chance to reconnect a bit with her online this summer when she found me on Facebook. Today I took a moment to look through my photos of our time in France and remember Karin and her joy and energy which is evident in all the images.
Peace to you all, Heather Allen
For those of us coming from out of town, could someone please post in a comment the place of both the funeral home as well as the church where the celebration is to be held.
Thanks.
Amy Hamlin
Oh, how I wish I could be there! Grant, I had to laugh at your statement of Karin "reorganizing!" If anyone can organize, it is her!!! You and Nina have so much to be proud of. You raised a wonderful lady and I have been blessed to call her my friend. While I can't make the trip from Louisiana, I will continue to cover all of you in prayer especially during the services.
Steve,
I don't know you, I was made aware of your story on a truck forum, but your brother in-law.
I lost my mother, in what sounds like quite the same way, from liver/ovarian cancer in 2003. I just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family now.... And that if you are handling things even half as well as you sound on this blog you are doing amazing...
The next few months will be the toughest for you, keep your faith. You sound like you have a great group of friends here so don't be afraid to rely on them to help get you through this as well.
Anyway I just wanted to let ya know that, her story touched a life she never knew.
Reinhard Zapfe
I just want to add my prayers for you and your family. I never had the honor of meeting Karin (my loos I am sure) but knowing your family through this blog is such an inspiration. Your faith is an inspiration. I am so sorry for your loss. May God bring you the peace that only He can.
We send our condolences on hearing of Karin's passing. We pray for God's peace in this time of grief and loss.
Love and Prayers,
Ray and Kathy Hewgill
Dear Steve,
Our hearts are heavy as we read the news we knew might well be coming. This has been a hard road, and yet we rejoice in your testimony and faith in being able to release Karin to her rest in the Lord. Our prayers are with you, Grant and Nina, and your children and family as you go through this valley. May you sense the powerful presence of the Lord,
Justin and Jessie Cooper
I am so sorry for your family's personal loss, but am inspired by your family's incredible faith.
Good bye kind Karin.
May your family find comfort in knowing you are watching down on them now from Heaven.
You will be missed.
Steve and Walsh family,
Karen's kind and warm soul has made an impact on so many lives. We will all miss her and remember her.
My heart is with you all.
Bill Georgiou
I'm praying for comfort, peace, and strength for you and your family.Bart Millard of Mercy Me wrote the song “Homesick”:
You’re in a better place, I’ve heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I’ve rejoiced for you
But the reason why I’m broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home’s where my heart is then I’m out of place
Lord, won’t You give me strength to make it through somehow
I’ve never been more homesick than now
Help me, Lord, ’cause I don’t understand Your ways
The reason why, I wonder if I’ll ever know
But even if You showed me, the hurt would be the same
Because I’m still here so far away from home
In Christ there are no goodbyes
In Christ there is no end
So I’ll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again
I plan to come say good-bye to my precious young friend on Friday. I too need to know the locations of the viewing and funeral.
Thank you for including Karin's "wider family circle" in your plans.
MLE
Grant and Nina you were so incredibly supportive and caring when our sister Cathy passed away in an untimely fashion when she was still so young and with so much future still ahead of her, or so we thought. You said that while it was hard for us to cope with the loss of our dear Cathy she was now in a better place. Chris and I found solace in those words on more than one occasion in the months that followed her passing.We hope those sentiments will be a consolation to you both and the family as well at this most difficult time.
We wish we could be with you as you celebrate the joys and achievments and love that comprised Karin.You both are about so much more than the timely expression of comforting words but rather you embody the true meaning of being a Christian enabling people that matter to you to manage their trials and tribulations in difficult times.
Our love always.david and christine
Steve,
Our love and prayers are with you and the family. Wish we could be there on Friday to support you all. Be assured of our prayers and the loving, strong arms of Jesus this week and every week from now until you see Karin again.
Jim and Patty Love
steve and family, our thoughts and prayers go out to each and everyone of you. i will so much miss reading karin's posts online and all of the encouragment she gave. we love you guys dearly and are at least comforted in the fact that she is no longer suffering and she is in such a beautiful place with our heavenly father.
calvin, jaime and alexander shaw- greensboro, nc (russia AWAA family)
Steve, I will be there. Please let me know where the visitation and funeral will take place. Also, can I do anything for you and the kids while I am in town?
Leanne
I'm sorry for your loss. I just found your blog. My husband and I adopted a son from Vietnam in March 2007. My heart goes out to you. From what I've read it sounds like you have a solid faith in Jesus Christ. Sounds like your wife did too. That will bring you great comfort.
Heather
www.willisadoptionstory.blogspot.com
Grant,
Thank you for sharing these beautiful words of comfort and joy with all of us. Blessings and peace to the entire Walsh & Faulkner family.
Jeffrey
Post a Comment