Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kevin

Kevin's health was better today - still a nasty cough but none of the pain and weakness he scared me with last night.

I've heard him *proudly* tell a few people that his mommy is an angel in heaven now, and after a slight pause tag on sadly "but we miss her". It is so wonderful that he is holding on to this positive image!! That mommy went to heaven is the first thing I did tell him yesterday morning, but I did not really do anything else to accentuate the positive (as he was bawling, I was focusing on validating his feelings of loss).
I know Heather had some part in helping him build this positive image of mommy now!! Thank you Heather!!! Heather also reminded me of this picture on our wall of a beautiful angel playing a harp, so I pointed it out to Kevin later and he said "that's what my mommy is like now!!!" :-) It was awesome! It is a great remembrance of a beautiful woman. Kevin has told his mommy a lot in the last year how beautiful she is :-)

Heather is our new nanny. Karin only got to meet her once, for 2 hours, but Karin was so looking forward to spending more time with her, sensing a certain kindred spirit. Heather walked into a tough situation, starting last week on Karin's first full day in ICU, and she has been a great blessing in the midst of this challenging week!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Praise God that Kevin has found some peace in the beautiful, true image of his Mom as an Angel!!! Kevin is a VERY special little boy!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful image Kevin has of his mommy, an angel in heaven...and doing something that karin loved so much, playing the harp...We are so glad that Kevin is doing better, still praying for all of you!!
Alex

Joel and Jessica said...

We are so glad Kevin is feeling better! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Dawn said...

I am so gald that Kevin is feeling better and the God brought Heather into your lives, just when you needed her the most! I always thought of my Mom as an angel watching over me (and still do). She died when I was 10 after being sick for most of my life.