I am still just overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from family, friends -- and even from people I've never met! THANK YOU!!!!
Thank you most importantly for your prayers!!!! I am overwhelmed by the number of people praying for me. Wow. I have a list in my journal of names and/or organizations that is almost 9 pages long now. Each line is a name -- or a whole group of people (such as a church's prayer chain)! That is an incredible number of people. And we have an incredible God! Thank you so much for your prayers, and please keep them coming!!!! :)
I received numerous arrangements - both of the floral and edible variety. :) And that was such a blessing to have both in my hospital room and then in my bedroom at home as I was recovering from surgery! Thank you!!!! My mom actually set up the ironing board in our bedroom to line up all the arrangements. :) I had my own garden! And fortunately, some of them are still in existence! :) I even received a rose bush from my high school classmates!!!! Thank you so much, guys!!!! Wow! What high school class gathers together to send a rose bush (in the school's colors, no less) 17 years after graduation???? :) (Wow - am I THAT old?????) I went to an all girls school with only 40 in our class, and we were (and still are!) a tight bunch!!! :)
I've already mentioned some amazing gifts, such as the diamond / pink sapphire cross necklace from my family, the Boston Marathon medal, the family photo shoot, the prayer shawl from my MOPS group (which I use often and have even taken to appts to keep me warm), CD's, wonderful bath things, yummy goodies, etc., etc.
Then came my birthday... I was so busy happily chatting with people at my birthday party that there was no time to actually open any gifts. And once I got home, I was exhausted!!! I had to rest for the remainder of the day. I was also in pain, but the party was worth it! :) So needless to say, the presents remained wrapped and the cards remained sealed. We dealt with pain management that whole week, and I wanted to save the presents for a fun time when I could enjoy them. Finally by the next weekend, I was ready!! :) And Vanessa helped me finish opening my birthday presents! :) I also read my cards late at night one evening by myself. :) Thank you all for EVERYTHING!!!! Every card, every gift and every prayer!!!!! I wish I could send a thank you note for each item. So I hope you all know how much it all means to me! And I'm writing everything down in my journal, which is a great encouragement to me. :) And thank you for all the delicious meals that so many of you have been providing for our family!!! It has been a BIG help!!!! :)
One of my closest friends went on a mission to see if she could get us a free night in Cinderella's Castle at Disney World, knowing that Disney is one of my favorite places on earth! ;) Well, that isn't something that Disney is willing to give away -- except as part of their "Year of a Million Dreams," where it can only be won "by chance." BUT...in her investigating, she did discover how our whole family can get FREE 3-day passes to Disney World!!!! We just have to send in a couple letters (from us and from my doctor), and we have 3 free days at Disney!!! :) I told Steve on the first day we found out about my cancer that as soon as I'm better, I want to go to Disney World. And he said that we would. :) So thank you, Noelle!!
Another extra special gift came from my Aunt Diane. She gave me a pearl necklace which belonged to my great grandmother! Wow. And she wrote a beautiful card to explain the wonderful gift. And the card itself was in a set of cards purchased by my grandmother before she died. As Aunt Diane said, "She would have meant to share these words with people who would need to be reminded of God's care." So it's as if my grandmother was giving me this card as well. :) And I just realized that the verse about God on the front of the card was written by a woman named Della -- which was my grandmother's first name!
Now just today, I received a package in the mail which was a beautiful pillowcase which was signed by all the mothers in Kien's Mother's Morning Out program!! I have only even been there once, so I don't know the majority of these people. My mom has been dropping Kien off at his program one morning per week without me. But I know that they've been praying! I have even received multiple cards from various people associated with that church (which is not the one that we attend)! Anyway, the pillowcase is filled with messages of encouragement and notes saying that they are praying for me!! I counted 42 messages, mostly from women I have yet to meet! Wow!! Thank you all!!!!! :)
I have actually received numerous cards from people and groups of people whom I have yet to meet!!! :) Thank you all so much for the prayers and encouragement!!! :)
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun and uplifting post! (And thanks for the shout-out, too!) : )
You can add our church to your prayer chain, St. Giles Pres in Greenville.
Post a Comment