Seriously though... I can make a few brief reports. First of all, my pain is soooo much more under control this week!!! Hooray!!!! :) I do experience some pain each day, but it's usually only about once per day -- and usually after I've been asleep for awhile. It is a vast improvement. I've also started going both up and down the stairs alone! Very slowly... but alone! :) But I do still need help getting up from a reclined position or from a low chair, and I can't sit on a hard chair. (I bring a pillow with me when I leave home.) I've also been spending increasingly more time downstairs this week. (Last week, it was hard to get comfortable anywhere downstairs and the craziness of the downstairs would make me panicky at times. Apparently that is normal, and I have anti-anxiety meds to deal with it.) My arm has definitely improved since a week ago! But I still can't do much with it, unfortunately. Please pray for increased movement and function in my arm.
To be honest, both Steve and I are feeling more depressed this week. Things are in transition right now, and it's stressful. We were in crisis mode for a whole month, and there was no time to think. Now we've having time to think (which is really needed) -- and to talk about things -- and there are a lot of stressful things to discuss, which has left both of us feeling more upset. I have to remind myself that things are going to be ok and that God is with us.
I'm still tired a lot. I've taken a lot of naps this week, particularly in the evenings. So then I end up awake for a couple hours around midnight (our normal bedtime). But last night, after being up at midnight, I slept through the night (about 6 hours) for the first time!!!!! :) :)
I also did something else unusual yesterday... I left the house for something other than an appointment! My friend Denise came to take me to Starbucks! I was surprised at what a big deal it was for me. I'm still having anxiety / panic attack issues, and that is often a problem in the car. So I had some trouble with that. And the sun really bothered me in Starbucks, which was kind of odd. But otherwise, I had a great time chatting with my friend and am so glad I went!! :) It also felt strange to see the rest of the world just moving along with normal life, and it's odd to realize that it's October. I feel like I missed a month somehow! But I'm doing well and improving...and I did get out of the house! Hooray! :)
And now my friend Denise's daughter is going to nanny for us for a couple weeks starting next Friday!! That will be a big help as Steve tries to get back to work, and my mom needs to go home for a couple weeks. That will help us a lot as we try to figure out more of a long-term plan (we don't even know what type of help we will need quite yet). Also, my dad arrives tonight again for the weekend.
My current prayer requests are:
- Healing!!! For the cancer to be GONE!!!
- Peace
- Increased hemoglobin to the proper level within 1.5 weeks, so that I can begin the clinical trial (they are testing again this coming Monday, but the following Monday is the goal to begin the trial)
- Wisdom in making big decisions, both in terms of health and our family (and agreement between me and Steve in decision making)
- Continued improvement in my left arm and regained function
- Diminished pain and increased mobility, so I can take care of my precious boys
- Peace for Kevin and Kien during a confusing time
3 comments:
Hi Karin...
So pleased to hear that your pain is being managed so much better.
I said a prayer for you today that you continue to have strength and courage throught this health crisis.
I also asked God to give you hope and peace.
I prayed that the relationship between you and Steve continues to grow so you have each other to lean on.
Glad to hear you got out to Starbucks with a friend...a change of scenery is always nice.
Continue with your positive attitude
Always in our prayers.
"neighbours of your parents"
So glad to hear the pain is absent much more. I don't think anyone can function at all when pain is present. Will continue to pray for all of you. You do have so many decisions and adjustments to make.
MLE
Karin,
I am praying! I am glad to hear you will be in the clinical trial. This is great news.
Amy
AP to Camdyn Jayne :)
Post a Comment