Yesterday, we received a set of photographs in the mail, which show our Highlander sailing through a red light on September 20 near the hospital. Along with the nice pictures of our car came a $50 fine. sigh. ;)
So then the conversation began.... Who was driving the car???? My parents were both in town on Sept. 20, and they were both borrowing our cars at the time. I am the only one who could claim complete innocence! My surgery was on September 19, and I was in the hospital for several days. So it was NOT me!! ;) ha!
Steve stayed with me in the hospital for almost my entire stay, and although he went home a few times, he was always at the hospital without a car. So it was unlikely to have been Steve. As we discussed this (lightheartedly) with my mom, trying to solve the mystery, she remained the likely culprit for quite awhile -- even at her own admission! She said herself that she knows she recently ran a red light in the area and was worried that perhaps there had been a camera at the intersection. But finally, we realized exactly where the picture was taken, and my mom was unfamiliar with that path to the hospital. So her innocence was determined, and we started to point the finger at my dad. That was easy to do, as he drives fast and wasn't present to defend himself in this conversation. ha!
Finally, I pointed out that we should check the blog from that day to see what went on. And guess what.... according to the blog, Steve went home to visit the boys in the afternoon!!!! And HE is the one who knows that path to the hospital and admittedly used it frequently when driving back and forth. So it was the blog that at last determined our culprit! Ha! :) But in his defense, he was probably pretty frazzled and distracted as he went through that red light. And then we found a video of the offense online, which looks much more innocent than the still photographs. It really had JUST turned red.
Anyway, the bottom line is that you better watch your step when your life is being blogged!! ;)
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL, I got one of those tickets, too, at KF Rd & C Pkwy. And I knew it when I did it. Sigh.
Karin, I lost my log-in info to the other blog. Would you mind sending me new permission? Thanks.
If Kevin's arm is better, GAvin is dying to play with him. Talks about him every day and would love to see him some afternoon.
Ha! That's a great story! I don't blame Steve at all, poor guy. He was probably speeding to get back to his love in the hospital, for goodness sake! Those darn cameras . . .
I definitely pushed through a red light at some intersection since I have been here, but I don't know if it had a camera or not. After you have lived in Chicago, you learn to go through red lights or be hit from behind! The drivers' manual says, "A yellow light means the light is turning red." Red light does mean to stop, and Green means "Proceed when safe." Therefore, everyone pushes the envelope. So I will not be surprised if and when another $50 fine appears in the mailbox.
Post a Comment