Thursday, September 11, 2008

I did it!!!!!

I had my CT scans this morning and an IV for the first time - and I did it!!!!!!! :) :) :)

I wish I could write more right now, but I don't have much time. I have a radiologist appt at 1pm (in one hour), then my bone scan at 2pm, then the urologist at 3:30pm. I really hope this day doesn't end on a bad note. Right now, I'm feeling great - because I did it!!!! :)

For now, I need to eat lunch. Some yummy soup brought by a friend yesterday!! :) And the hospital said I need to drink as much as possible. So off to eat and drink....and apparently we just realized we have to be there at 12:30pm instead to fill out paperwork. How I wish I could spend the day blogging instead. ;) ha.

Thanks soooo much for all the prayers!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Mel Webber said...

Glad your spirits are up today! We are praying for you here in Missouri. Hope you find a little joy and peace each day. Miracles happen every day.

Sending my love, Melissa

Noelle said...

Congratulations on the IV & scans! I'm proud of you, Karin! I know that was hard for you. Praise God for even the littlest of miracles! : )

Unknown said...

Good job, Karin! That's the spirit! Keep it up! I'm so proud of you.

Leanne

Anonymous said...

Amazing Karin! What a wonderful message from you at this noon hour!
Love, Aunt Diane

Anonymous said...

Talked to your mom at school and it brought a smile to my face to hear how they got you through the needles. :) Great thinking...

Jess

Unknown said...

Great news about making it thru the IV just fine. I knew you weren't a wimp and could do it. :)

Anonymous said...

Karin,
I can't believe you blogged during that quick little break. So glad that the IV went well! We had such a wonderful day with Kien at MMO. He's a great kid. We're praying for you all, but we are the ones blessed as we hear how God is working in your lives.
"Miss" Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the IV went well.

I just read the comment about your broken butt. LOL but in a sad way. So much pain for so many years, but you have endured it all. You are one tough chica. The needles should be afraid of you, not vice versa.

I'm adding you to the prayers of the faithful at St Michael.

Tara

Anonymous said...

Hey Karin,

I'm praying for you over here in Lima, Peru and on Sunday, I'll pass word along for some more believers here to be lifting you up. How great is it that God is BIG and holds you in His hands?!

Sending love your way.

Pamela said...

Praying without ceasing in Wilmington!!! Lots of love and hugs going your way:) You are an amazing woman!

Blessings,
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Karin,
Your scrapbooking friends from Santa Rosa are praying for you. We are ready for a road trip from Wake Forest to Cary when you feel up to seeing "old friends."
You are in our prayers daily.
Cyndi and Marci

Anonymous said...

Karin,
Your scrapbooking friends from Santa Rosa are praying for you. We are ready for a road trip from Wake Forest to Cary when you feel up to seeing "old friends."
You are in our prayers daily.
Cyndi and Marci