Thursday, September 11, 2008

Prayer Evening

I just wanted to make a quick note about last night. Some wonderful friends gathered a group of people from church at fairly short notice for prayer at 7:30pm at the church. I think there were around 15 people in attendance. We waited for Kevin to arrive home before leaving, because I wanted to see him quickly before heading off again (as he'd be going to bed while we were out). So we got a quick hug and kiss first, and he seemed to be ok. :) Sounds like he had a nice evening, and we were soooo appreciative of our friends for taking him for the evening! (I'm being vague about names thus far on this blog, since I'm keeping it as a public blog.)

Anyway, we talked for a bit as a group first. And they were so encouraging, talking about God's power - and some even thanking God already for the fact that He's going to heal me. There were lots of tears, but they were mostly from others. I was a complete zombie. I was emotionally and physically worn out. Plus, the oncologist had given me an anti-anxiety pill -- and it worked!! Wow, I loved that pill last night! ;) I needed that so badly. It left me feeling fairly emotionally numb, which is just what I needed. :)

So then the group gathered around me, laid hands on me, and prayed for me for quite a long time. Our God is good!!!! And we are so blessed to have such wonderful, loving friends!!!! They even decided that the men are going to gather Saturday morning in support of Steve.

My mom was able to come for the second half, after she got the boys in bed. (Thank you, Mom!!!!) Then my dad stayed home with them while they slept.

2 comments:

Les said...

Dearest Karin,
Add me onto the list of one of your prayer warriors. Know I love your family, what a wonderful gift of a Mom you are to your husband and children.
Much love and concern from Virginia.
Your first Family Coordinator,Leslie

Noelle said...

Oh, how I wish I could have been there! But, alas, I didn't read about it until 9:30 PM or so. :( Next time. But now you'll probably be healed by then anyway. : ) Praise God! : )