Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Status Update on Pain

I hear a lot of people have been asking about me, since I haven't posted since Thursday. ;) So I just wanted to write something really quick - but I have more to write later. I spent 12 hours at Duke on Monday, so that was pretty exhausting - and then had to go back again this morning! Again, I'll tell about that later. But regarding the pain, yes, I've still really been in pain. It's been quite miserable at times. I have had some good moments though. But today has been an improvement! I've still had some pain, but it's been so much better! I was up in the middle of the night (not due to pain), and I took pain meds before going back to bed -- so I think that's why I wasn't too bad when I woke up today!! :) And now they have increased my dosage of pain meds again as of yesterday (which will take 3 days to fully kick in ). But yes, prayers would still be appreciated for the pain! I've been in pain in my lower back and then down my legs (due to the pinched nerves in my lower back). The location varies. And my left arm has also been in pain. We stayed home from church on Sunday and I haven't been able to do much for the past few days (except spend hours at Duke!!). Until today, I have had to lie in bed for the first hour of each day before I can even move. It's hard to find any comfortable side on which to lie. And sometimes I can barely walk at all (literally - I have trouble getting from the bed to the dresser to get my pills). I hate to sound so miserably depressing.... but that is what has been happening. But I expect that the increased medication will help this week. And your continued prayers would be so appreciated too!!! I want to be able to get back to doing Mommy things and spending time with my kids. :)

5 comments:

Noelle said...

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are honored to share in such personal information. More prayers can only help! I hope tomorrow you wake up pain free! : )

MLE said...

I have been hoping to hear good news...and it is good that the meds are helping to relieve the pain. Yes, you do need to get back to mommy things. Times awasting! :) But you do need to feel good before you can be the real you.

MLE

Anonymous said...

Dear Karin: You are right, we've all been waiting to hear more about your pain level and constantly praying for improvements. I know that your Mom has a very bad cold too and I am praying that somehow you will not get it. Thanks for giving us these updates - - we are always wondering how you are. Love, Aunt Diane

Anonymous said...

Karin, So sorry to hear you are in such pain. I trust and pray the meds kick in soon and give you relief. Love you lots of prayer on your behalf. Aunt Ellen

Anonymous said...

Karin, I hope that your pain meds kick into gear ASAP. I know you miss being with and handling your kids and they miss you. I think Noelle said it best - we are all "honored" that you share this personal journey with us - and I believe we are all amazed at your bravery and resolve. Keep it up!
Love ya!
Leanne