Thursday, November 13, 2008

Prayer for Pain

My pain started up again 2 weeks ago, and it's been getting progressively worse. This week has been pretty bad. In fact, when I woke up Tuesday morning, I was in the most pain I think I've ever experienced in my life. I could barely move. I'm often very stiff and have trouble walking. It doesn't last all day, but it usually happens first thing in the morning, then after lunch, and then again in the evening.

So on Tuesday, I had my dosing increased of "breakthrough" pain meds. Then I was supposed to call back later in the week (today) to report on how much I had ended up taking. Well, the answer was a lot!! So now my regular narcotics dose (3x per day) has been increased as well.

Please pray that my pain goes away!! I have spent too much time lying in bed, praying out loud that God will relieve my pain. I hate to sound like a big complainer, but that is the state of things this week.... Prayer would really be appreciated!! I want to get back to a somewhat normal life again. My doctor doesn't want me in pain either, so they will increase the dose as necessary. I'll be back there on Monday.

5 comments:

Jan Young said...

Karin...

So sorry to hear of the pain you are experiencing. Hopefully it will subside soon. We'll prayer for that to happen!!

I prayed today and asked the Lord to bless you as He promised in his word.
I prayed that He surround you with love and peace of mind.
I asked He send you joy and comfort and that He lend a helping hand.
I'll pray for you again......

Anonymous said...

I have typed, deleted, retyped, deleted, stared at the screen....seems like whatever I say doesn't come close to what I'm feeling. I have such admiration for you, Karin. You are amazing. Your faithfulness toward God, has not wavered. Sure you've been down for the count a few times but you came back swinging. I love wathing you rebound. Satan is really working on your family....and yet you still proclaim Christ as your rock. Your testimony is just extraordinary. You amaze me. With every word you type, you amaze me. I am definitely praying for you, for your healing, for your new life as it begins when Steve comes home.....but I have no doubt that the Lord is with you....this very moment He's in the room with you.....He radiates from you. I continue to pray for you, for healing, but I'm also thanking God for you. Keep fighting this fight, you are an example that with God you will never lose.

Thank you for being you!!!

Laura

Noelle said...

Wow. It's never easy to follow a spectacular post like Laura's. : ) I feel for you Karin. You must feel so torn, . . . such pain and joy today. Pain and joy. I will thank the Lord for the joy & pray for the pain to decrease!

MLE said...

I do as Laura does. Type, delete, retype, delete because it is so difficult to express in words what I want to say. I don't know how. So I will repeat in thought what your more eloquent friends--Jan, Laura, Noelle--have so humbly said. And continue to pray for your needs and to ask God to wrap his loving arms around you as all of us would do if we were with you.
MLE

Anonymous said...

Karin, We continue to pray for your recovery and healing. We will pray more for strength, God's strength. What are the two drugs being taken in combination if you do not mind me asking!?! I looked in the blog and found no list of them.

Cuz Mark and Laura
novisvet@sbcglobal.net