Friday, December 12, 2008

Uncertain

Karin had no major changes through the night.
Blood tests this morning show some improvements but one of the critical factors is worse.
Not sure if or when they will say something more can or must be tried.

Many people came to pray in the ICU waiting room last night. Thank you!

The thrree of us stayed with her through the night, for a few hours we were all sleep. Nina and I are home now to get the kids breakfast and shower.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for strength for all! Karin, you can do it! Love, Elizabeth Bacon

Anonymous said...

What a blessing Karin has made it through the night. What a blessing you also have so many people who are praying for you/Karin and your family right now...I don't have a blue bracelet, but Karin was in my prayers for 2 hours last night in the middle of the night when I woke up thinking about her. Will continue to pray for healing and recovery.
Stephanie S.

Anonymous said...

God is good. Karin made it through the night. We will continue to lift Karin up in our prayers. We know that God will handle everything. We pray for Karin to feel His love as she stuggles to beat this infection. God Bless.
Jeanie

Mrs. Munchkin said...

Steve, Thank you for posting this morning. Thanking God that Karin made it through the night. I continue to be in prayer and what seems like constant meditation thinking about her, you, the children, Mom, Dad and the rest of the family. With you in thought and prayer today as more develops. Whisper in Karin's ear and tell her, her Ya Ya's are praying for her!
On bended knee,
Katie Meyer

Anonymous said...

Steve/Karin -

Thank you so much for posting first thing this morning. I literally thought about her all night last night, i had the hardest time sleeping. And thank you for continuing to post. I know there are MANY people praying and thinking of you all constantly.

My family is praying for you and our thoughts are with all of you.

Jessica (Rico's mom)

Anonymous said...

I just got the news this AM that she is in this terrible battle. I am praying for her. Janine Miller from Etha Bolton's church.

Anonymous said...

We prayed most of the night for His powerful healing and a miraculous morning. SHE MADE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT WITH SOME POSITIVE INDICATORS, PTL!!! Thank you, Steve, for posting this morning. We'll keep it open continuously as you have time to update us. Love to you all Dan and Jan

Anonymous said...

Steve, thank you for keeping us up to date on Karin's condition. After reading your post last night I am so thankful that it is a new day and Karin is with us. One day at a time, right? I am thankful for all of the people who are keeping your family in their thoughts and prayers and posting to this blog. It is a testament to how special you all are - how many lives you have touched. I know Karin is fighting this "thing" with every ounce of her being. Please let her know that we are all so proud of her and to keep it up!
And we are so proud of you. All of Karin's dear girlfriends could have gotten together and tried to craft the "perfect man" for her and never have come close to the perfection of you. Thank you for giving her the love, devotion and care that she deserves. All who love her are comforted knowing that you are there!
I don't have a blue bracelet, but I am wearing pink today in honor of Karin. I really bright shade - to match her personality. :) You all are in my thoughts and prayers constantly.
Love,
Leanne

Anonymous said...

I am praying without ceasing!!!
Amy Sherwin

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm glad you got a few hours of sleep last night. I woke up several times last night with Karin in my thoughts and prayers. I was so happy to read your post this morning to know she is fighting this. I don't know if you got my email or voicemail, but please tell her that I love her and she has people all over the world praying for her.
Love,
Heather (Furman Heather in Florida)

Becky V said...

Steve, Nina & Grant-
I am so thankful, as are all of you, that Karin made it through the night. I can't even imagine your emotions and pain right now. There are many of us from Mary I that are holding you all in our prayers and admiring you for your strength and faith. Remember to take care of each other through this, as it is equally hard and trying on you as it is for Karin.
My love and prayers,
Becky (St. Louis)

james said...

Here's some love from Kentucky. James, Anna and Seamus

Amanda said...

We are praying here at America World Adoption. Truly praying..

Anonymous said...

Steve,

I wrote something in my blog about Karin last night. Wanted to make sure you saw it.

http://apps.facebook.com/liveblog/entry/385053

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

We have been praying through the night. Thank you so much for keeping us updated.
We will continue to pray.

love
Angela and Aaron

Anonymous said...

Steve,
I had no idea how serious things were. I've been praying for Karin and your whole family. I thought she looked so beautiful at church on Sunday. What hospital are you at?

Jan Y. from Summit

Anonymous said...

As Karin's first babysitters here in Gerry, we are sharing your concern and heartache. Know that you are all in our prayers and thoughts.

Kelley said...

Steve,
Thank you for keeping us informed. I'm sure you are in shock, not even believing this is happening. Karin is trying to fight this off, and all we can do is keep praying and hoping that more things continue to improve. You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love Kelley and Steve
Vietnam travel group

Noelle said...

Every waking moment and every thought is a prayer of mine for Karin. Crying and praying for a miracle . . .

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating us, Steve. God has given all of you His strength to bear this ordeal. May he continue to bless you and grant Karin a speedy recovery.

Joshua Trevino said...

Love and prayers for Karin from California.

Anonymous said...

Steve,
Frank and I have been following your story since before Kevin's referral, as you adopted him at the same time that we adopted Eli. We have long leaned on Karin's strength and advice during that time.

You have our prayers and tears now. May God be VERY present with you and He works in you and your beautiful family.

Vickie and Frank Blakeney

Anonymous said...

We're continuing to pray for you guys.

Jeffrey said...

Karin,
I'm praying for you.
Jeffrey Westbrook

Anonymous said...

You all are in our thoughts and our prayers. Thank you for updating us and staying strong.

Megan & Scott

Unknown said...

If prayers could heal, Karin would be up and running around. I pray she continues to make small steps to recovery. I pray for your family's strength. Emily (friend from Furman)

Anonymous said...

I already added a comment but just checked the blog again hoping for an update. I've asked for prayers in every direction.

Lifting you UP,
Laura
(Virginia)

MLE said...

It is now late in the day after this critical night of fighting for Karin's life. I have continued to pray for all of you as the hours unfold. May you experience the peace that passes all understanding in the midst of this maelstrom.
MLE

Unknown said...

We are so thankful that Karin is still with us and making progress in fighting the infection and regaining full function in her body. Praise our wonderful God for healing and praise to you Steve for being such a wonderful, loyal, supportive husband. Thank you for filling in for Karin on the computer. It is so good to get updates and know more specifically how to pray. Karin is being lifted up here in State College, PA.
Love, Joyce and Dave Porter, travel partners from Viet Nam