Karin has significant pneumonia in one lung. It came on very fast, and her blood pressure droped from something like 170/90 Monday to 70/40 today. She didn't have breathing trouble until she was in the ER. It is a very good thing that we got her in when we did as she was in very serious danger of organ trouble from the low blood pressure. They've got her blood pressure stablized at normal now.
We are told to expect that she will get worse before she gets better. As the infection in her lungs breaks up in will reduce her breathing even more and there is a good chance they will need to put her on life support, maybe for several days, to make sure her lungs keep going and get enough oxygen into her system.
Very serious, but they know how to deal with this and get her well!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
O am so, so sorry about these health problems but I am thankful that her doctors know how to treat her. I feel better knowing that she is in the hospital where she can get appropriate care. Love and my prayers for all.
MLE
I'm sorry to hear about karins' poor health status. We are praying that she would get better soon. We hope that the doctos provide her with the care that she needs and can come home soon. Love ya!!!!
Alex Freeman
I was so scared when I read this post! Nothing to do now but pray! We love you, Karin! Get better soon, sweet Mamma!
May God the Father bless Karin
God the Son heal her
God the Holy Spirit give her strength and courage
We pray for Karin and her family.
My heart is racing!! I have nothing profound to say other than to share I'm praying.
Laura
So sorry to hear about the pneumonia! Karin has been through so much in a short period of time. Thinking of you all.
Oh my goodness! Praying now!!!
You are all in our prayers, and we keep praying for that miracle for Karin.
Love
Kelley and Steve
I'm so sorry she is going through all this.
I'm praying.....
Angela
We are praying for Karin and your entire family......
I'm praying for a VERY quick turn around! Received my blue bracelet and have it on.
Love,
Janet H
Praying for a quick recovery
Tara & family
Post a Comment