Today was Aria's 2nd Sunday at church...and for the 2nd week in a row, we ended up being quite late. Between taking 3 kids to church and my slowness in the morning due to discomfort, it's hard to get there on time. But little did I know that we missed something significant this morning!! Before we arrived, an announcement was made about ME!! I knew about these bracelets ahead of time, but I didn't know that today was the day. So it was announced today that a couple hundred bracelets were made with my name on them...and they were passed out at the back door after the service today!!! They are to serve as reminders for people to pray for me!!!! WOW!!!! :) :) Thank you to everyone who is praying and wearing a bracelet reminder!!!! :) :) I feel sooo blessed!!!!! Kevin got a bracelet too, and he was pretty impressed.That reminds me that last week in Children's Church, apparently Kevin's class talked about a story about healing. And if they knew someone who is sick, they were to take a band-aid as a reminder to pray for that person (I think I got the story right??). So as I was talking to a friend after church, Kevin came up behind me and stuck a band-aid on my back!! HA!! :) I later found out the explanation from him and even saw that his teacher had written "Mommy" on the band-aid. :) So Kevin had specifically talked about me in his class. What a sweet boy!! :)
As for my status, my side effects are getting worse and more uncomfortable. Some have gotten pretty severely uncomfortable. But today was my final day of taking one of the trial meds for this cycle. Hooray!!! I now get a week off and hopefully will get back to normal for a bit. :) Yesterday and today, I had to eat ice cream for dinner, because there's nothing else I can tolerate due to my sore mouth. Tomorrow is my next appointment at Duke, which will probably last all day, as usual. And I hope to get some help with some of these brutal side effects!! Fortunately, my pain is pretty much under control though. :) And my walking was really great today!!! :)
4 comments:
I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry about the Kevin Band Aid story. ; ) Either way, it touched my heart. : ) Hope those side effects improve soon!
Karin
Pleased to hear that your pain is being managed much better.
Hope you were able to get help when at Duke for those horrible side effects.
Kevin is such a sweet little guy. Telling the children and teacher at Children's Liturgy about Mommy and putting the band aid on your back. How cute is that!!
You have three precious little children...enjoy!! They grow up so quickly.
Our prayers go out to you all.
Karin,
I hope you'll feel better this week as you get a break in the cycle of one of your meds. I'm praying for you, too, but is it OK if I just wear a charm bracelet or something or something sparkly?
Love ya!
Leanne
Karin,
I would love to purchase a bracelet. Do they have more? Can you email me real quick only when you have a chance and let me know.
Thanks,
Sara
Post a Comment