Karin's liver failed, heart and kidney have mostly failed and not recovered. The kidney doctor said in all his years he has never seen such a strong patient fade so rapidly and he cried.
My Love is going home. Grandma and I are at home scrambling to get to the hospital.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
45 comments:
Stever, it pains me to hear this. I pray for strength for all of you during this time.
Lord, in Jesus name comfort the family during this time! Amen.
-Carine
Oh Steve - are hearts are breaking for you. I pray for the comfort that only our God can bring - you and Karin have been a blessing in our lives.
Bryan and Meghan
I am just so sad for your family. I will be praying for your peace throughout all that you will have to endure.
Kristin Haywood
Steve, Nina & Grant,
God is with you. None of us understand but we must trust. Blessings upon each of you.
Karin, if this is how it must be, then Godspeed my friend. Peace be yours. I love you.
Leanne
So very sorry to hear this. I've been praying so much the last few days. I'm a friend of Karin's from the Furman days who just recently "found" her again on Facebook, right before the diagnosis.
I'm so sorry for you all, but still praying for a miracle.
Jennifer in Charleston, SC
Still praying for a miracle. I can't stop weeping for all of you. May God's Love and Peace surround you.
Believing Him,
Pamela, John, Alexander, Zechariah, and Josiah
I am in tears.
This news is so heart breaking for all of us who know and love you. God be with you and comfort your family.
Tearfully,
MLE
Steve,
We weep for you and pray the Lord of comfort is with all of you, that you all will know his strength and comfort and peace through this extremely difficult time.
We love you and continue to lift you and all your family to Him in prayer.
Love,
Dan and Jan
Oh Steve,
I am so very sorry. May God be with you in this sad time.
Catherine
Steve
We feel so sad, and can hardly believe this happening. We continue to pray for God to give you and your family strength and wisdom as you go forward. Still praying for a miracle for Karin.
Stephanie and Jon
Steve
WE love Karin, you and your precious family. All of you are constantly in our prayers.
Dick and Carol.
Steve, My heart is breaking for you, I continue to pray for you all.
candy
Prayers for your strong family who is full of faith. From a Furman colleague.
Steve and Family,
I am so sorry to hear this. I have been praying for a miracle. I pray now that you have peace in your hearts and that we all do knowing that Karin will be home and will be able to watch over all of us. So so sad. Love and Peace to all of you.
Heather
Oh Steve, what can be said? I know Karin's love for Jesus and that He is there with all of you right now. Her homecoming with Him will be amazing, but my heart breaks for you and those precious little children. I pray you will feel God's love and peace, even during the tears and hurt. I am so so sorry. Thank you for keeping us all updated, even though it must be heart-wrenching to do so.
This news is hard to take. I never met her, but know her cousins, and we have been praying for her in Bible study. I can see by this site that she is a beautiful person, and my heart is breaking for you, too, like others here. I am lifting you, Karin, and all her loved ones and her medical team up in prayer. ~Janine Miller
Steve and Family -
I am speechless and can't understand how you must be feeling. You will remain in my prayers always.
Karl
My prayers are with you, your family and Karin's medical team in this emotional time.
A stranger who has come to know Karin through her blog on her battle to fight her way back to health.
Steve,
In this time of sadness, I am thankful and happy the Karin is a child of God. I am very sad for the children. They have had much loss in their lives already at such a young age to last a lifetime. I pray Karin is peaceful.
Katie Meyer
Steve
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine how you must feel right now, I'm keeping you and your family in our prayers. May God give you the peace and the strenght you need during these time. Karin, is a wonderful person, and love knowing her and your family...
Alex Freeman (Brian)
Steve,
My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine the pain that you are feeling. I pray that God gives you peace and comfort through this time and the days to come. You all are in our prayers.
Megan
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Peace be with you all,
Melissa, Ken & Anna Webber
I can't find the words to say how sad it is to hear this news; and I'm sure no matter what words I found, they wouldn't come close to what Steve and the rest of Karin's family are feeling right now. Please just know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers today, and that I will be asking God to grant you the strength to sustain you through whatever lies ahead.
Peace,
Leanna Kelley Fuller
Steve,
I just cannot believe this is happening. I don't know you and Karin very well, but you've put up such a strong front that I did not know how serious things were until last week. I really believed there was more the doctors could do. It's like a dream. I've sung with Karin in church. She was supposed to sing tomorrow. I'm really just speechless. She was so strong and positive. Just know we feel for your entire family and will do our best to support you through this difficult time.
Jan and Frank Yarborough
I'm so sorry. We'll keep praying for her, for your family. May God wrap you in His peace.
Jeffrey Westbrook
Ah, Karin. It seems our loving Heavenly Father may be ending your suffering and carrying you to himself. If is be so, the Goodbye, Dear One.
You have lived well and will be missed greatly. Those who love you have been steadfast and mighty in hope and strength. And God will bring peace and comfort to all.
We stand at the shore watching a ship near the far horizon. What you must see as you near the other side! We still ache to see you turn around and come back to us, but if you slip out of sight, we will gather in the comfort of being those who knew and loved you.
Steve & Family,
My thoughts and prayers have been with you all for months and will continue to be. There really are no words to express the sadness right now. It is just so hard to take and to even believe it's real.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help at this time.
Amy Zaremba
Steve, my heart is breaking for you and the family. You are in my prayers. Emily
Steve Nina Grant
We are saddened. May God be with you to give you the strength needed to get throught this heartbreaking situation.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Dearest Steve,
I am typing through tears of grief for you and Karin and your families. I pray that you will find the peace of God, rest in knowing Karin's faith and future in Christ Jesus, and that you will be comforted in a time that is so incredibly painful.
We love each one of you.
Mark, Danette & Luke Robb
Steve,
We are so sorry this has happened to your family. We too are having trouble believing it has happened so fast, and are praying hard for all of you.
Love
Kelley and Steve Rude
Steve, Nina and Grant: Susan just called to say that ever since yesterday she has been 'hearing' Grandpa and Grandma Walsh singing, "What a Friend we have in Jesus." The words keep going over and over in her mind. Susan believes that this message has been sent to bring her the comfort she needs right now as she thinks of Karin leaving us.
So much love going out to you from family on this side of the border.
Love, Aunt Diane
Oh Steve,
I am not quite sure what to say except that you, the kids and extended family are in my prayers. Karin will be missed by so many and I know I am one of them!
Dawn Keim
(we are the ones that you all met in our hotel room after we brought Sadie home from Russia while you were waiting to bring Kevin home, just in case the name isn't familiar)
Steve,
I can not imagine what's going on in your heart, but please know that we are all praying for you all.
Our prayers are with you at this very sad and difficult time.
love,
Angela, Aaron, Courtney and Dylan
Rather, let us thank God that such as she lived.
Praying in Ohio, may God give you and your whole family strength
Doug
We at MMO are praying for you all, and especially for Kien, whom we already love so much and Aria, whom we have only just met. We don't understand, and we grieve with you, but we do believe that God is good...all the time.
Cindy (for the MMO staff and moms)
Dear Steve, Nina and Grant,
Our prayers are with you all and for those darling children.We are deeply saddened at your loss and pray for God's grace and strength to surround you in the coming days. Karin will be missed by so many.
Tom, Ruth Anne, Kristin and Cami
Steve & Family,
The Langson adoptive moms (the group Karin started online) are with you in spirit and will miss our dear friend who faught long and hard to bring her little Vietnamese "twins" home. We were all touched to have known Karin. She has become a wonderful friend to many of us.
Amy
Fellow Langson AP
Steve and Family,
I honestly do not know what to say. You are stronger than I. You are all in our prayers constantly. Very sad day for all.
Cuz Mark in MI
Post a Comment