Monday, November 3, 2008

Would You Believe an 11.0????!!!

Yes, my hemoglobin level was an 11.0 today!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!! It only needed to be at least a 9.0!

As a recap... 4 weeks ago, it was 8.1. That day, they gave me an injection to boost the hemoglobin level. The next Monday, it was 8.4. Then Friday of that week, it was 8.6. The following Friday (1.5 weeks ago), it had only gone up to 8.7. They also gave me an injection that day.

I don't think anyone expected it to be an 11.0 today!!! At best, we hoped for about a 9.1! We were pretty shocked to hear 11.0! I had NO idea it would be that high!!! And my reaction... was to say that God was just trying to show off!!! :)

So many people have been praying for me! It would have been easy for God to get me above a 9.0. But I believe He shot it all the way up to an 11.0 to show that HE is truly the One who did it!!!! THANK YOU, GOD!!!!!!!

And thank you to all of you for your prayers!!!!!! :) :)

So I start the trial in the morning!!!! I have the pills and will take them when I get up! I will write more later! :) For now, I have a college friend in town who was with me at Duke today and is coming over for dinner tonight. It's been a great day!! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS, KARIN!! The sun DID shine today, thank you God!!

Sherri said...

Oh Karin,
What wonderful news!! God is so good!! Praising him with you!
Sherri A.

Sherri said...

Oh Karin,
What wonderful news!! God is so good!! Praising him with you!
Sherri A.

Noelle said...

YAY!!! So glad the prayers worked! : ) And I wonder what Furmanite is comin' to town?

Rob and Candy said...

Karin! awesome news! I cannot wait to share this news with my bible study- we have been praying for your count to go up.
candy

knelson said...

Thank you Lord!
Great news Karin, praying for great success with the trial

Kellee

Pamela said...

Praise Him!!! Praise Him!!! Praise Him!!! I just LOVE it when God shows off:)

Emily said...

Woohoo! Once again... the power of prayer. I am thrilled God chose your hemoglobin count to show off. :) I will continue to pray as you begin the trial meds. Emily

Anne Clay said...

That is SO great!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I saw the 11 and got a chill. Praise God indeed!!! What a mighty god we serve!!! :o)

Hug! Laura

Patty said...

Praise God! You have no idea how many people you have praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!

Jan Young said...

Karin
Good to see that you have reached the acceptable level and have now started the trial. Great success!!

Just viewed the great Halloween pics of the family. The boys look so cute in their costumes.
Karin you have a 'million dollar smile' keep smiling!!

Prayers for you all!!