Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tomorrow at Duke

We're off to Duke again tomorrow! It will be our 3rd day this week and the longest of all 3 days. It will be a day full of tests. Most of the tests are needed if I am to begin the clinical trial soon. Hopefully that will really be happening!!! (If my hemoglobin comes up high enough.) But even if not, it sounds like they would still like to have these tests done before starting my treatment.

So my first test on Friday is at 9am. And my last test is at 4pm. I will be doing some tests that I have never done before, and we'll be repeating a CT scan and a bone scan (which I did in early September). Neither of those was TOO bad the first time around...except that I had to lie still for a very long time for the bone scan. Fortunately, I do NOT need to do another MRI!!! Hoooray!!!! :) Thank you, God!!!!

So hopefully Friday won't be too difficult, despite the length of the day. But I don't fully know what to expect. And I do have to have an IV for the bone scan. That will be the first time my port is used. I hope it's not too sore...

Please pray that this all goes well -- and that my hemoglobin levels come up to the needed level!!! THANK YOU!!!! :)

Oh! It will also be the first day that our friend is coming to nanny for the boys. :) My mom will still be here to show her the ropes, but unfortunately I won't be around all day. My mom was originally going to fly home on Saturday (after being here for 1.5 months), but my parents decided yesterday that she should stay a bit longer!!! :) Hooooray!!!! So I guess she'll be here for another week? Amazingly, I'm not even attempting to plan too far in advance right now - so I'm not even sure what the plan is. Things have been pretty crazy for several weeks, so I'm just taking things one week (or one day) at a time.

Oh! And by the way... Kien is all better now, and fortunately no one else has gotten sick. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karin,

You are amazing! Great job with all this medical stuff. You and Steve should have honorary degrees!

I'll pray for your tests tomorrow as well as for the home front. So glad to hear Kien is better.

Janet

MLE said...

Hey Karin,
Back when you were at Furman taking all those French tests, bet you never expected to be taking even more tests at Duke!!! ;) Look at it this way...you did so well on the Furman tests that you were recognized by PBK, right?! So you can do just as well on the Duke tests! And the reward will be even greater! We'll even have an award ceremony and present you with a certificate! :) Just hang in there, knowing that you are surrounded by the power of love and prayers.

MLE

Anonymous said...

Our prayers continue for you and the family. The Lord is certainly taking you through some big challenges. He is able!
Jim and Patty Love

theglenns556 said...

Thinking about you today! Praying lots!