Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our First Week with Aria

After coming home from the hospital last Monday, I've been busy spending time with my kiddos and getting to know my new daughter!! :) So I've been slow at posting recently. But now I'm going to share a bunch of fun photos from our first 1.5 weeks with Aria!! :) She is doing great! At the time I came home from the hospital, she still didn't know who I was and didn't want me holding her. (I also can't actually carry her, as she's too heavy for me right now. She's 22 lbs, while Kien is 17 lbs. They are just 4 days apart.) But I can hold her on my lap. :) Anyway, she quickly warmed up to me!! I even got a smile out of her within my first 24 hours back at home. :) She now isn't just attached to Steve and is quickly adjusting to her new home and family. She seems to enjoy her 2 brothers. And Kevin absolutely adores her!! Kien seems to really like her too, as he has often stroked her hair. :) Thanksgiving marked one week after she came home, so here are some pictures from the first 1.5 weeks...

This was shortly after we arrived home from the airport.

Here's the proud big brother with his t-shirt: "I'm the BIG brother of TWINS!" :)


They came to visit me in the hospital on the first weekend, and Aria and I played peek-a-boo. :)

We all ate in the hospital cafeteria on the last night, and Aria kept stealing Kien's fries! ha!

Back in my hospital room, Kevin played peek-a-boo with the babies from behind the door. They both LOVED it!! :) Kevin got huge smiles out of Aria!!!

Aria laughed when Kien tried on her hat in her nursery. :)

We've started seeing her smile more and more! :)

Kien likes rubbing Aria's hair! :) (She's drinking a play baby bottle for a doll.)

Both babies went after my iPhone, and I loved the look of these 2 little faces clamoring up towards my lap to reach the iPhone!! :) We waited a very long time to have these 2 little guys!!!

Here's our pretty little princess, wearing a hair bow for the first time. :) She also loves her pink toy harp with Disney princesses on it (on the floor)! (I play the harp, so this was the perfect toy for my little girl!!)

I felt so great on Tuesday (the day after I was discharged from the hospital), that we went out shopping at the mall!!! My mom and I took all 3 kids, and it went really well!! :) I pushed the twin stroller, as it actually made it easier for me to have something to lean on. Both babies proved to be great shoppers!!

She lets Mommy hold her now!!! YAY!!!! :) :)

Here I am with my 2 babies!! Although Kevin (age 4) claims to be my 3rd baby...despite the fact he previously had claimed to be a big boy. ;)

On Wednesday night, Aria went out to eat at her first restaurant (not including the hospital cafeteria). Both babies sat in high chairs at the end of a booth at Chili's - and they did great!! Aria is an excellent eater!! Unlike Kien. ;) But he seems to be learning from her a little bit.

Here is our family of 5 on Thanksgiving Day at the wonderful restaurant where we had a Thanksgiving buffet dinner!

Grampy came to visit over Thanksgiving and met his new granddaughter! :)

Aria wore her first dress on Thanksgiving - and some fancy new shoes!

They watched us put up the Christmas tree - and we had to put a baby gate around the entire thing to guard off two sets of little hands this year!! ;)


Grandma and Grandpa went out for a date one night, so we had our first dinner as just a family of 5. :)

This was taken this morning at church! Isn't she a doll??? :) She is giving more and more great smiles now!!!! :) She's becoming a very happy little girl!!!! (She colored on Kevin's magnadoodle at church after watching him do it! We were pretty amazed that she immediately knew how to color with it after watching him!)

Here we are in church with Aria, after Kevin and Kien had gone off to class / the nursery. She did great staying in church with us! :)

This week, Aria and Kien both turn 18 months old!! And next week, we celebrate 6 months since Kien's adoption!! :)

7 comments:

Karl said...

What great pictues - your family is so precious and beautiful. It is not shocking that they have the shopping gene...

Noelle said...

What wonderful photos!!! : ) That smile on Kevin with his "Twins" shirt is precious, . . . and I think the look on Kien's face when Aria was stealing his fries was PRICELESS! : ) (And I couldn't help but laugh at the TREE inside the baby gate! Ha! I TOTALLY understand!!!) : ) What a special Thanksgiving holiday it was for you!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos! What a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing! (Of course, Aria is smiling. What is there not to smile about? Two great brothers, two great parents, loving grandparents, a pink nursery, a pink harp and french fries. godd grief, what else could a gal want?)
Love you all!
Leanne

Jan Young said...

What great pictures. The smile on all faces tells the story of a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Wow...little Aria looks like she's able to handle herself and doesn't intend to take a back seat to the boys. What a cutie!!! Kien has my interests at heart though, snitching his french fries and all...he best start bulking up!!lol
A great family...continue to enjoy yourselves.
By The Way Karin you are looking so good!!!
Will keep you in our prayers!!
Jan Young

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures!!! They are great - what a beautiful family you guys have!! I have to grin about the little purple dress Aria is wearing - I just washed one just like that for our little girl to wear in a few months when she gets here.

Congratulations to all of you!!

Jess

Anonymous said...

What great pictures, and everyone looks so happy. Can't wait to meet Aria.
Cindy A

Anonymous said...

Karin,
She is so adorable in her little purple dress! I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you have been on, but I hope it will be all downhill from here.

Tell your mother that I think she is a saint! Steve too! I don't know too many men who could have handled being alone with a brand new baby daughter in a foreign country for that long.